Charles E. Witkowski, Sr., DDS, MS, PhD
Dental Implants & Wisdom Teeth Removal in Johnson City
Dr. Charles Witkowski has over 20 years experience practicing oral and maxillofacial surgery. Prior to practicing as an oral surgeon, Dr. Witkowski completed his undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of Illinois. He furthered his education with a Master of Science in Biology from Murray State University in Kentucky. While earning is Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from The Ohio State University. Dr. Witkowski also earned a PhD in Anatomy. Upon completion of this extensive education, Dr. Witkowski held a residency position at the University of Tennessee Medical Center, where he became the chief resident.
In his spare time, Dr. Witkowski spends time with his wife, children and grandchildren. He is a member of First Christian Church and enjoys music, sports and working with local charities.
To schedule your consultation with Dr. Witkowski, call us at Johnson City Office Phone Number 423-283-4555 or use our Appointment Request Form.
- The Regional Center for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Johnson City, TN
Mt. Carmel High School, Mr. Carmel IL
University of Illinois, BS Biology, Urbana IL
Murray State University, MS Biology, Murray KY
The Ohio State University, PhD Anatomy, Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology & Anatomy (1), The College of Medicine, Columbus OH
The Ohio State University, The College of Dentistry, DDS Surgery (1)
- The University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN, Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Chief Resident
Administrative Responsibilities/Teaching Experience
- Science Hill Vocational Dental Assistants Program, Johnson City, TN, Guest Lecturer, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, College of Medicine, Department of Anatomy, Adjunct Professor, Anatomy Department
- The University of Knoxville, Knoxville, TN, Head & Neck Anatomy, Microsurgical: Vascular & Peripheral Nerve Laboratory
- College of Dentistry, Oral Histology & Embryology (Volunteer)
- Graduate Histology, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Department of Anatomy, Medical Phase II; Gross Anatomy & Histology; Medical Independent Study; Help develop audio/visual 1976 program; Gross Anatomy; Histology & Neuroanatomy, Undergraduate Anatomy
- Murray State University, Murray, KY, Department of Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, General Biology, General Botany
- Tennessee Dental Association “ACE” Award, 80 hours Continuing Education
- The Ohio State University, Graduate School Leadership
- University of Illinois, James Scholar
- Wabash Valley College, Phi Theta Kappa
Academic Societies (Memberships)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Tennessee Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Tennessee Dental Association
- First District Dental Society of Tennessee
- Institute of Dental Implant Awareness (IDIA)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Beta Beta Beta
- Doctor of Philosophy (Anatomy): The Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio.
- The Teratological Effects of Trimethadione and Diphenylhydantoin on Development in the CD-1 Mouse
- Volunteer Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon at Keystone Dental Clinic
- Dental Missionary, Piedras Negras, Mexico
- American Cancer Society, Relay for Life Ambassador
- American Cancer Society, Relay for Life Participating Team
- Preceptor for Science Hill Dental Assisting Program
- Ashley Academy Board of Directors Member
- Ashley Academy Board of Directors Chairman
- Johnson City Parks & Recreation, Yankees Minor League Baseball Team Assistant Coach
- Ashley Academy Board of Directors Finance Committee Chairman
- Metro Kiwanis Club
- Dental/Medical Missionary, Foreign Mission Board, Grenada, 1986 Reconstructive Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Cleft Lip & Palate Surgeries
Dr. Witkowski has attended many seminars/professional meetings and continuing educational courses. His current interests lie in dental implants, bone grafting, sinus augmentation.
(1) Dr. Witkowski not only helped create but was the first dual degree (DDS and PhD) from the Ohio State University. Needless to say Dr. Witkowski is progressive and has a vision for our specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery.